We are so pleased our Waterdog Glasses are getting a little national recognition in Gifts & Decorative Accessories’ July issue that we can’t stop our butts from wiggling. Never mind that our butts wiggle at the drop of a biscuit! This is really exciting!
For those of you who don't know, Gifts & Decorative Accessories is a premiere gift industry publication that inspires and educates retailers with news, trends and tips for success.
An editor for G&DA discovered our swimming dog glasses on-line and thought they’d be great to include in the magazine’s feature about why smart retailers might want a “pet section” in their shops. Here are the key take-aways from those pages…
- A 2015-16 American Pet Products Association survey notes 79.7 million US households have a pet.
- Same survey…63.2% per cent of pet owners consider their pets part of the family. (poo on the 36.8% that don’t)
- APPA also notes spending in the pet product sector was nearly $60 billion in 2014.
- The love humans have for their pets is a driving factor in their spending.
- Pet owners like to express their love for their pets in many ways.
- It’s a feel good, do good, tail waggin’ niche!
So we propose a toast to G&DA for including our Waterdog Glasses in this issue! WOOF!
If you are a retailer interested in our glasses (or anything else) you can email us for wholesale information or if you are located in the southeastern US, contact our reps, Werner Frank, Bldg 2, 12th Floor, Atlanta AmericasMart, www.wernerfrank.com.